Erin Lauren Bell
Arts & Crafts
• I developed a love of “Arts and Crafts” at an early age.
o My family is very artistic; I learned how to sew/cross stitch from my mom (Louise); and draw/paint from my dad (Roy).
• High School: I loved school, graduated 2nd in my class, and I played all school sports competitively
• University: I earned a B. Sci Kin (with great distinction) and B. Ed (with distinction) from the U of S
• Career: Worked with Prairie Valley School Division (PVSD) since 2005
o Primarily taught Physical Education, Wellness, Health, Math and Outdoor Ed
o Coached all school sports and supervised year end camping trips
My Arts and Crafts
I am truly a lifelong learner... I love to try new art forms and I usually love them all so much so that I now have 4 different art workspaces in my house/garage. My favorite quote; “I’m just as shocked as you are that I don’t have all the craft supplies I need for this project.”
• Scrapbooking – treasured keepsakes
• Sewing – quilted bags
• Stepping stones – one stroke painting, kids hand/foot prints + names, and M&M designs
• Wood working – my favorites: snowman and elf with hanging arm/leg, and wooden "Home" signs
• Took classes at Cathedral Art School & Studio (in Regina) to further develop my acrylic painting skill, learned about Zentangles (LOVE THEM) and tried the pottery wheel and hand building with clay.
• Paint pouring – messy but oh what fun to play and create unique works of art
• Watercolor – mountain landscapes and bookmarks
• Cute snowman – wooden base with a homemade scarf and toque (loom knitting is very calming)
• Christmas ornament wreaths – or seasonal wreaths
• I now have a Cricut Maker 3 and I absolutely love it! My first project was making personalized glitter ornaments for my family.
• I discovered the CollabARTive Studio in May – it is my new favorite place!
o Malia taught me and my nieces about alcohol inks. Loved it so much I went out and bought all my own supplies. Now I create vibrant alcohol inks and cover them with vinyl designs.
o Krystal gave me a few resin classes. Love my Charm Glasses and coasters.